Biographical notes and text of poems in booklet (6 p. : ill.) in original container. Photograph in notes by Grover Cleveland, Oakland Post Newspapers.
Read by Sarah Webster Fabio ; Cyril Leslie Fabio III, congas.
Related materials may be found in the Moses and Frances Asch Collection, also held by this repository. Related materials include one folder of correspondence between S.W. Fabio and Moses Asch; and may also include original cover art designs; other production materials; and audiotapes from studio production.
101. Soul Ain't: Soul Is / Cyril Leslie Fabio III, congas
102. Sassafras Toned, My Grandma Sat
103. The Hurt of it All
104. Nina Giving Mr. Backlash the Blues (for Nina Simone, especially singing Langston Hughes' 'Mister Backlash Blues') / Cyril Leslie Fabio III, congas
105. A Five-Year Old Scream Breaking Through the Night (for Imamu Ameer Baraka, written in 1968 for Leroi Jones)
107. Dialogue Between Two Messengers of Peace (for Leopold Sedar Senghor)
201. Black World (for Louis Armstrong, Ju-ju)
202. My Own Thing (for Mary Washington, a black woman)
203. I Would Be For You Rain
204. Echo of Rain
205. To Turn from Love
206. For My People, A Jubilee (for Margaret Walker)
Smithsonian Institution, Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage, Ralph Rinzler Folklife Archives and Collections, 600 Maryland Ave., S.W., Suite 2001, Washington, D.C. 20024. Call 202-633-7322 for appointment. Fax: 202-633-7019. Email: email@example.com