Notes by Laura C. Boulton (12 p. : ill. ; copyright 1941) inserted in original cover.
Material reproduced from the 6-disc set (78 rpm): Indian music of Mexico (Camden, N.J.: P 94 RCA Victor ~1945-1949).
Performed by Mexican musicians recorded by Boulton.
Recorded by Boulton in Mexico.
Related materials may be found in the Moses and Frances Asch Collection, also held by this repository. Related materials may include correspondence pertaining to the recording, original cover art designs, production materials and business records, and audiotapes from studio production.
101. Fireworks Music (recorded in Zapotec-Teotitlan, Oaxaca) / Vocal, Trumpet, Drum
102. Fireworks Music (Zapotec-Teotitlan, Oaxaca, Chirimia) / Drum
103. Fireworks Music (Zapotec-Teotitlan, Oaxaca, Chirimia) / Vocal, Trumpet, Drum
104. Fireworks Music (Zapotec-Teotitlan, Oaxaca, Chirimia) / Vocal, Trumpet, Drum
105. Flying Pole Dance (Otomi-Honey, Puebla) / Flute, Drum, Rattle
106. Flying Pole Dance (Otomi-Honey, Puebla) / Flute, Drum, Rattle
207. Las Pascolas (Yaqui-Tlaxcala, Puebla) / Flute, Drum
208. Ancient Instruments / Conch Shell
209. Notched Stone
211. Bronze Bells
213. Rhythms (Maya-Ticul-Yucatan) / Drum-Slit
214. Rhythms (Maya-Merida-Yucatan) / Drum-Slit
FW 8851 Folkways Records
Smithsonian Institution, Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage, Ralph Rinzler Folklife Archives and Collections, 600 Maryland Ave., S.W., Suite 2001, Washington, D.C. 20024. Call 202-633-7322 for appointment. Fax: 202-633-7019. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org