Notes by Ronnie & Stu Lipner with dance instructions in booklet (8 p. : ill.) inserted in original cover.
Produced in cooperation with the Austrian Information Service (per notes).
Played by Karl Kubat and his brass folk dance band.
Recorded in Austria (per cover).
Related materials may be found in the Moses and Frances Asch Collection, also held by this repository. Related materials may include correspondence pertaining to the recording, original cover art designs, production materials and business records, and audiotapes from studio production.
101. Weifentanz (Woaf) / Bohemia (Austro-Hungary)
102. Kreuzpolka (Cross polka) / (Salzburg)
103. Das Blümerl (The little flower) / (lower Austria)
104. Die Marschier-polka (Marching polka) / (upper Austria)
105. Das Spinnradl (The little spinning wheel) / (upper Austria)
106. Der Neubayrische (The new Bavarian dance) / (Vienna and lower Austria)
201. Der Waldjäger (The forest huntsman) / (upper Austria)
204. Der Haxenschmeisser (The leg thrower) / (Styria)
205. Kreuzpolka (Cross polka) / (Styria)
206. Rheinländer (Rhenish dance) / (introduced from Siebenbürgen, Romania, to Austria)
FW 8838 Folkways Records
This album includes dances Austria and other areas of the former Austro-Hungarian empire.
Smithsonian Institution, Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage, Ralph Rinzler Folklife Archives and Collections, 600 Maryland Ave., S.W., Suite 2001, Washington, D.C. 20024. Call 202-633-7322 for appointment. Fax: 202-633-7019. Email: email@example.com