Program notes, including lyrics in English, Yiddish, and Hebrew, in booklet ( p. : ill.) inserted in container.
Sung in Yiddish by "Prince" Nazaroff with accompaniment on octofone and accordion.
Related materials may be found in the Moses and Frances Asch Collection, also held by this repository. Related materials may include correspondence between the studio, producers, and/or performers; original cover art designs; original production materials; business records; and audiotapes from studio production.
101. Vander Ich Mir Lustig (While I'm Happily Walking)
102. Tum Balalaika
103. Ihr Fregt Mich Vos Ich Troier (You Ask Me Why I'm Sad?)
104. Arum Dem Feier (Around the Fire)
201. Freilachs (Medley of Freilachs)
202. Yiddle Mit Sein Fiedel (Little Jew with His Fiddle)
203. Maidlach Vie Blumen (Girls Are Like Flowers)
204. Der Koptzen (The Poor Man)
205. Fishalach (Little Fish)
206. Ich a Mazeldicker Yid! (Oh! Am I a Mazeldicker Jew!)
FW 6809 Folkways Records
FP 809 Folkways Records
This album features Nathan "Prince" Nazaroff singing celebratory Jewish folk songs (freilach refers to "happy" or "cheerful" in Yiddish and by extension in reference to celebration music) from eastern Europe.
Smithsonian Institution, Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage, Ralph Rinzler Folklife Archives and Collections, 600 Maryland Ave., S.W., Suite 2001, Washington, D.C. 20024. Call 202-633-7322 for appointment. Fax: 202-633-7019. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org