Program and biographical notes, in part by Alfred Lopez, in English and texts in English with Spanish translations (12 p. : ill.) inserted in container.
Cover design by Ronald Clyne.
Cover photograph by Arbolito.
"Issued in celebration of his 45th Birthday, June 14, 1973." -- text from cover.
Speeches by Che Guevara, and a small group of Cuban construction workers ; Fidel Castro reads Che's farewell letter to Cuba ; songs by Pablo Milanes, Noel Nicola, and Silvio Rodriquez ; music backgrounds performed by Miguel Poventud and Jose Gloro.
Spoken material from original recordings made during the actual events; issued in celebration of Che Guevara's 45th birthday, June 14, 1973.
101. Que tengo yo que hablarte, comandante? / sung by Pablo Milanés with guitar (1:58)
102. Revolucionarios no son gente normal (Revolucionaries [sic] are not normal people (1:15)
103. In commemoration of Camilo (7:00)
104. Algunos momentos que son cosas de loco (Some moments are completely mad) (1:50)
105. Diciembre 3 y 4 (2:33)
106. Puerto Rico es un caso distincto . . . (Puerto [sic] is a different case) (2:33)
107. Speech at the United Nations, Dec. 1, 1964
201. Tribute to Antonio Mace, Dec. 7, 1962 (19:30)
202. Farewell letter to Fidel, April 1965 / read to the Cuban people by Fidel Castro (5:15)
203. Fusil contra fusil / sung by Silvio Rodríguez with guitar (2:48)
P 1017 Paredon Records
Smithsonian Institution, Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage, Ralph Rinzler Folklife Archives and Collections, 600 Maryland Ave., S.W., Suite 2001, Washington, D.C. 20024. Call 202-633-7322 for appointment. Fax: 202-633-7019. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org