Skip to main content Smithsonian Institution

Catalog Data

Expedition:
Antarctic Search for Meteorites (ANSMET)  Search this
Weight:
17 g
Place:
Antarctica
Collection Date:
2007
Notes:
# NASA data for MIL 07005 Weathering: A/Be Fracturing: A/B Fa: 30 mol % Fs: 25 mol %
Exterior is 70% dull black fusion crust. The remaining 30% broken surface is tan to light gray fine to medium grained matrix with two rust-colored patches and a trace of evaporite material. Interior is light gray fine grained matrix.
Record Last Modified:
21 Sep 2023
Specimen Count:
1
See more items in:
Mineral Sciences
Meteorites
Inventory Collection
Data Source:
NMNH - Mineral Sciences Dept.
GUID:
http://n2t.net/ark:/65665/37bb75c40-f1ae-4dde-984d-3f069277ff60
EDAN-URL:
edanmdm:nmnhmineralsciences_16918127