Introductory note by Maria Jolas, text of poems in French and English, and reprinted editorials from François Mauriac and Albert Camus in booklet (8 p.) inserted in original container.
"Presented by the Franco-American Cultural Exchange, New York" -- text from notes.
Cover design by Ronald Clyne.
Poems read Paul Eluard, Louis Aragon, Francois Mauriac, Albert Camus.
This recording was originally released as a set of 78rpm discs on Disc Records (Disc 52) circa 1945. The Disc edition is also held in the Moses and Frances Asch Collection.
Related materials may be found in the Moses and Frances Asch Collection, also held by this repository. Related materials may include correspondence between the studio, producers, and/or performers; original cover art designs; original production materials; business records; and audiotapes from studio production.
101. Les Armes de Ladouleur / by Paul Eluard
102. Les Sept Poemes d'Amour en Guerre / by Paul Eluard
103. L'Honneur des Poetes / by Paul Eluard
104. A l'Endroit / by Paul Eluard
105. Les Belles Balances de l'Ennemi / by Paul Eluard
106. Courage / by Paul Eluard
107. Gloire au Maquis / by Louis Aragon
108. Ballade de Celui Qui Chanta Dans les Supplices / by Louis Aragon
201. Je Vous Salue, Ma France / by Louis Aragon
202. Editorial de Albert Camus: Combat Aug. 25, 1944
203. Editorial de Francois Mauriac: Le Figaro Aug. 25, 1944
FL 9944 Folkways Records
Smithsonian Institution, Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage, Ralph Rinzler Folklife Archives and Collections, 600 Maryland Ave., S.W., Suite 2001, Washington, D.C. 20024. Call 202-633-7322 for appointment. Fax: 202-633-7019. Email: email@example.com