Notes with song texts in Japanese and English ( p. : ill. ; music notation) inserted in original container.
"The Japan Society Inc., of New York, has been of assistance in the preparation of this recording and the accompanying notes." -- text from notes.
Poetry and music composed by Michiko Toyama. Performed by Mrs. Beate Gordon, Miss Rassumsen, Hana Ito, and orchestra conducted by Michiko Toyama.
Related materials may be found in the Moses and Frances Asch Collection, also held by this repository. Related materials may include correspondence between the studio, producers, and/or performers; original cover art designs; original production materials; business records; and audiotapes from studio production.
101. Waka (Part 1) Music for tape and narration / read by Mrs. Beate Gordon
102. Waka (Part 2) Music for tape and narration / read by Mrs. Beate Gordon
103. The Voice of Yamato: The Death of Yakamaro / sung by Miss Rassumsen with student orchestra
104. The Voice of Yamato: Spring / sung by Miss Rassumsen with student orchestra
105. The Voice of Yamato: Echo / sung by Miss Rassumsen with student orchestra
106. The Voice of Yamato: Prayer / sung by Miss Rassumsen with student orchestra
107. The Voice of Yamato: The Fairy Land of Yamato / sung by Miss Rassumsen with student orchestra
201. Torianse (Let Us Pass) / vocal by Hana Ito
202. Aoi No Ue (Princess Hollyhock) [from the Tale of Genji] / vocal by Hana Ito
203. Japanese Suite: Lullaby (Komori Uta) / orchestra conducted by Michiko Toyama
204. Japanese Suite: Boat Song (Oiwakke) / orchestra conducted by Michiko Toyama
205. Japanese Suite: Rice Husking Song (Momihiki Uta) / orchestra conducted by Michiko Toyama
FW 8881 Folkways Records
Twentieth-century music of Japan based on traditional Japanese themes and poetry composed by Michiko Toyama.
Smithsonian Institution, Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage, Ralph Rinzler Folklife Archives and Collections, 600 Maryland Ave., S.W., Suite 2001, Washington, D.C. 20024. Call 202-633-7322 for appointment. Fax: 202-633-7019. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org