"Under the Sponsorship of the State of Macedonia in co-operation with the Yugoslav Government." -- text from cover.
"Music controlled by Alpha Music, BMI" -- text from label.
Notes, with introduction by Maud Karpeles, in booklet (4 p. : ill.) inserted in original cover.
Performed by Tanec ensemble, with Aleksander Sarievsky and Dragica Nokolova.
"Recorded in Europe, 1956" -- text from label.
Related materials may be found in the Moses and Frances Asch Collection, also held by this repository. Related materials may include correspondence pertaining to the recording, original cover art designs, production materials, business records, and audiotapes from studio production.
101. Aramiska (The village bagpiper) / played on duduk (bagpipe), violin, clarinet, bass, drum
102. Shepherds' Song and Dance (shepherd song) / played on kaval
103. A Bride's Dance (kolo) (Village holiday) / played on violin, flute, clarinet, bass, drum, accordion
104. Teshkoto (Macedonian dance) (Dance of the sabremen) / played on zurlas, drum
105. Kapacka (work dance) (The Shiptars dance) / played by violin, flute, bass, drum, accordion
201. Croatian Songs and Dances (Harvest time) / tamburitza ensemble
202. Macedonian Folk Songs and Dances (Trail of the Macedonians) / played by violin, flute, clarinet, bass, drum, accordion
203. Serbian Folk Songs and Dances (Serbian suite: courting song; bridegroom dance) / played by violin, flute, clarinet, bass, drum, accordion
FW 8803 Folkways Records
Smithsonian Institution, Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage, Ralph Rinzler Folklife Archives and Collections, 600 Maryland Ave., S.W., Suite 2001, Washington, D.C. 20024. Call 202-633-7322 for appointment. Fax: 202-633-7019. Email: email@example.com