Notes, including English paraphrases of the texts, in part with Cyrillic versions of some texts, in booklet (6 p.) inserted in original cover.
Cover design by Ronald Clyne.
Paul Konoplenko, vocals, kobza.
Related materials may be found in the Moses and Frances Asch Collection, also held by this repository. Related materials may include correspondence pertaining to the recording, original cover art designs, production materials, business records, and audiotapes from studio production.
101. A Cossack was Leaving for War
102. The Black Cloud / Taras Shevchenko, poet; M. Lysenko, composer
103. O, Bethrothed Maiden
104. Oh My Mother Told Me / S. H. Artemowsky, composer
105. For Your Cherry Lips / R. Kupchinsky, composer
106. Ukranian Folk Dances: Highlander's Kolomeyka; Carpathian Dance; Choomak; Doodochka
201. Bayda / H. Khotkevitch, arranger
202. O, Green Oak Tree / M. O. Hayvoronsky, composer
203. Our Ukraine / Danylo Potapenko, originator
204. Blow, Wind, Unto Ukraine / Stephen Rudansky, poet; W. Alexandriw, composer
205. There Stands a Mountain / M. Lysenko, composer
206. A Bundle of Jocund Folk Songs: If I But the Magic Knew; Be Gone, Death!; John was Sowing Millet
FW 8705 Folkways Records
Smithsonian Institution, Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage, Ralph Rinzler Folklife Archives and Collections, 600 Maryland Ave., S.W., Suite 2001, Washington, D.C. 20024. Call 202-633-7322 for appointment. Fax: 202-633-7019. Email: email@example.com